Tuesday, February 3, 2009

January 31st 2009 Editon

Good Morning All,

The following article was brought to my attention by one of you (thanks for the feedback Phil). I thought it described one of the many areas in which the enormous potential of stem cell research can be brought to bear. As many of investors are fast becoming aware, markets are forward looking instruments, and what could be more forward looking than owning some of the companies that are engaged in the scientific investigation of new and better solutions to the world's ills. The Obama Presidency has kicked off an entire new and growing interest in such progress, as recent price appreciation in this sector has proven. It is my belief that many of these companies will be successful while others will fail, so as I wrote last November, "own a basket" and trade within it. I have added two additions to my list and yes I do own all or some of them.

In my opinion, the President's attempts to reach out to the Republicans have failed and it is now time for him to move on. He stated in his inaugural address that it was time to "dust ourselves off"; well if I may be so bold...it is time for the President to dust off the GOP.

No comments: