Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28th Edition

Good Morning All,

Just when we thought that a certain species had left Washington and parts of Wall Street, it appears their progeny has surfaced in the form of a nasty 'flu bug. Thusly (sic) we began week eight of the tremendous post disaster upswing, one which many have incidentally dismissed as "just a rally in a bear market". Call it what you will, I have enjoyed this generational opportunity and I hope that at least some of you have participated either through my suggestions or those of your own derivation.

Although I do not pretend to be either a medical doctor or virologist, I can still count and read, leading me to conclude (hopefully I might add) that ten days from now the news networks will be otherwise occupied. As for the market effect of the "swine 'flu", cynic that I am, I believe it has provided yet another trading opportunity. We shall begin the day in a downward path and look towards a Tuesday turnaround as we head toward the government release of the stress tests on May 4. Techs continue to lead the way, look for the S&P 500 to broach 1020 by summer, after a May pullback.

No comments: